April 13 of the Mystery Year was when the first James Bond novel was published. The clues to this cross-curricular warm-up require students to add probabilities, find corresponding parts of similar triangles, find ordered arrangements of a set of objects (permutations), and find the dimensions of a rectangle when given the area and the perimeter. Math connections are made to author Ian Fleming's Casino Royale and other of his James Bond spy novels.
Your Zip download includes printable/digital PDFs:
- 1-page printable Student Puzzle
- 1-page Answer Key with sample solutions
- 1-page version of puzzle with expanding form fields – use with Acrobat Reader
- A complete file including the student puzzle, answer key, and 3 pages of Teacher Notes Ñ including step-by-step Solutions, Extensions (including one that provides an introduction to permutations and one that provides an application of quadratic equations), Historical Notes, and a variety of professional development support.,
- 1-page How to Use History-Mystery Puzzles