April 14 of the Mystery Year was the birthday of Anne Sullivan, teacher of Helen Keller. This warm-up includes braille math symbols, square root, surface area of a cube, power of a number, and divisibility. Helen Keller was both blind and deaf, but Anne Sullivan became known as "The Miracle Worker" for her amazing work with Helen through much of Helen's life.
Your Zip download includes printable/digital PDFs:
- 1-page printable Student Puzzle
- 1-page Answer Key with sample solutions
- 1-page version of puzzle with expanding form fields – use with Acrobat Reader
- A complete file including the student puzzle, answer key, 3 pages of Teacher Notes including step-by-step Solutions, Extensions (including ones that encourage students to learn braille symbols and American Sign Language symbols), Historical Notes, and a variety of professional development support,
- 1-page How to Use History-Mystery Puzzles