April 15 of the Mystery Year was the birthday of Leonardo da Vinci. The clues in this warm-up involve the golden ratio, area of a circle, missing side of a square when given one of the side lengths, square root, proportional relationships, and divisibility. Math connections are made to da Vinci's "Vitruvian Man."
Your Zip download includes printable/digital PDFs:
- 1-page printable Student Puzzle
- 1-page Answer Key with sample solutions
- 1-page version of puzzle with expanding form fields – use with Acrobat Reader
- A complete file including the student puzzle, answer key, 3 pages of Teacher Notes including step-by-step Solutions, Extensions (including one that deals with the golden ratio), Historical Notes, and a variety of professional development support,
- 1-page How to Use History-Mystery Puzzles