April 23 of the Mystery Year was the birthday of William Shakespeare. Skills in this cross-curricular warm-up include solving a multi-step equation involving fractions, value of a power with an exponent of 0, probability of successive events, and median of a distribution. Each clue for a missing digit in the puzzle makes a connection to a work of William Shakespeare.
Your Zip download includes printable/digital PDFs:
- 1-page printable Student Puzzle
- 1-page Answer Key with sample solutions
- 1-page version of puzzle with expanding form fields – use with Acrobat Reader
- 2-page Probability Simulation
- A complete file including the above pages along with 3 pages of Teacher Notes with Historical Notes, solutions, and more professional development support
- 1-page How to Use History-Mystery Puzzles