April 30 of the Mystery Year was the birthday of Carl Gauss. Skills in this warm-up include the “Gauss” method to find the sum of the integers 1 – 100, finding a side length when given the volume of a cube, and determining the value of a digit in a number.
Your Zip download includes printable/digital PDFs:
- 1-page printable Student Puzzle
- 1-page Answer Key with sample solutions
- 1-page version of puzzle with expanding form fields – use with Acrobat Reader
- A complete file including the student puzzle, answer key, 3 pages of Teacher Notes including step-by-step Solutions, Extensions, Historical Notes, and more
- 1-page How to Use History-Mystery Puzzles