April 8 of the Mystery Year was when Hank Aaron broke Ruth's home run record. Skills in this warm-up include prime numbers and factors, understanding the meaning of a whole number divided by a fraction, and computing a baseball batting average.
Your Zip download includes printable/digital PDFs:
- 1-page printable Student Puzzle
- 1-page Answer Key with sample solutions
- 1-page version of puzzle with expanding form fields – use with Acrobat Reader
- A complete file including the student puzzle, answer key, and 6 pages of Teacher Notes including step-by-step solutions and Extensions (including one on finding these three baseball statistics: slugging percentage, on-base percentage, and on-base plus slugging percentage),
- 1-page How to Use History-Mystery Puzzles